View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Krank

i cant add any more to what the wonderful folks who posted here before me.

i have internal rsd. i live with 80lbs of swelling on my abdomen, there is no way to reduce it. last weekend the pain over took me and i wound up in the hospital for 4 days to get me stable again. i had time to think. my husband who is my care taker was at home telling me how much he missed me ad how lonely he was without me.

i thought he would be happy to have a few days break from not caring for me. he has health issues too that cause him pain. i was laying in the hospital pretty depressed by my circumstance. i may never get out of this situation. a pain doctor came in to see me and lectured me on doing water exercises!! i thought i cant even get to the bathroom on my own and you want me to swim?
he explained that fighting this disease with exercise was the only way i could try to change my life. its the last thing i wanted to hear. but i guess if i want something different i have to try even though i know it will be hard to get to the pool, and i will be embarrassed because im very deformed...if i want a chance to change how i feel and maybe not be such a burden to my husband.....well its going to hurt, but i have to find the strength to try.

Im sorry for your losses and the struggles on your family!

Krank, find some way to do something different today to change whatever your normal day routine is. Just know that there are many more folks just like you who understand completely what you are living with and we need you here to help us go on. we do get strength from eachother here.
Just one hour at a time some days....
I care ...we all care
Lori
AintSoBad (03-25-2011), gramE (03-22-2011)