View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Honeygirl,

If you go on the atkins diet you will have to stay on the diet for at least 2 yrs. if not longer. The atkins diet is very similar to the ketogenic diet which is really meant to reduce or stop seizures. This is a very strick diet and you will have to watch what you eat while on either of these diets. If you are interested in either of these diets you should see a dietician who can help you out and get you on one of these diets. If you want to try the ketogenic diet you can buy the book titled: "The Epilepsy Diet Treatment" By Dr. John Freeman this book explains how the diet works, some of the side effects from the diet, as well as giving you a few recipes while on the diet. Whatever you do you much cut back on both carbs and starch foods along with nutra sweet and anything like nutra sweet. You will have to eat foods high in fat instead but take my word you will lose weight I lost 80 lbs. in 4 months on this diet and my cholestorl and blood pressure have been the best they have been in yrs. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote