View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If you are thinking of playing again while you are still suffering, look around this forum. You will find story after story of people who thought they were fine and went back for a second hit, or people who never got the chance to recover from hit #1 before hit #2 came and knocked them down for years and years...I am fairly new to this I only have 2 years of constant headaches, fighting depression, fighting to smile and make people think I am OK when I feel like I would rather chop off all my limbs than deal with some of the stuff I deal with daily. I am 21 years old but I can't participate in sports or even work out hard at the gym or I will feel sick for months. I haven't hit my head in a year, but still I am having trouble looking at this computer screen because it is so bright.

Do you really want to be sick for the rest of your life simply for one or two more games? If you go in you will probably be hit or jostled enough that you will re-concuss. Sometimes the 2nd concussion can kill you, and it might be lucky if it does because otherwise you have another 30 years of pain and sickness to deal with.

I feel strange as a 21 year old telling a 29 year old not to go play sports, but believe me when I tell you it isn't worth it...the 20's are supposed to be the
best years of your life with lots of fun and crazy stunts...not for me, I got my concussions before I turned 20 and I don't see healing any time in the near future. You don't want your 30's to be like my 20's will be.

Like Concussed Scientist said, sorry for being so forceful, but for us we see hope for you and we want to save you from the pain...

I hope you make the right choice and I hope you heal quickly,

Margarite[/QUOTE]

Wow, thank you for your reply. I had planned on playing only after I had no symptoms. There was pretty much no doubt that I would play again. Now after 15 days dealing with the after-effects I am for sure rethinking it. I love playing but I may have to wait until next year or mid-season. I have an appointment with the netoulogist next week so I will see what they think.
Xoe22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote