View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerprof View Post
Things just keep getting better! I posted previously that my daughter who is 8 y.o. developed RSD after she bruised a bone on January 20th. She was on crutches for about 6 or 7 weeks until she was seen at a children's pain clinic a couple of weeks ago in MN. She unfortunately inherited my genes apparently (I had RSD 4 years ago--I recovered after about 1 1/2 years). She was given the diagnosis of RSD/CRPS and told to lose the boot and crutches ASAP, and they taught her self hypnosis and relaxation exercises, and prescribed some Lidoderm patches. We took a trip to AZ last week and she was able to shed her crutches and boot and start walking. The color in her foot looks a lot better and she seems to be walking pretty normally after a week of practice, but she still says she has pain in her foot. Today was her first day back to school without crutches so that was a big milestone. She said it hurts but she did it anyway; she just stayed in from recess to rest her foot. Tonight I had to work but when I got home I was informed that she actually rollerbladed around the neighborhood tonight! I'm so proud of her for working so hard, but at the same time I'm hoping she's only doing as much as she can handle and not over-doing it. She's a figure skater and she's been off the ice for 2 months now. I can't wait for the day I get to watch her back on the ice again.
Dear Millerprof:

What a great moment for you and your daughter. Children are resiligent(spelling), and seem to spring back so much easier then us. I'm so happy for her.

I feel I just want to tell you one thing only because I feel I have to. I know you probably know this she's a ice skater, my son also skates he played ice hockey,travel ice hockey, vasity and lettered in HS and safety was always an issue. Anyway when I read that your daughter was rollerbladiing just plesae make sure she wears elbow pads. Thats how I got hurt and almost lost my arm. Your saying how could that happen? I didn't think it could but it did. You proabably think I'm crazy but whenever I see kids skating ice or land and they don't have elbow pads on it scares me it makes me nauseas I'm not kidding. Obviously I did not have pads on that night I got hurt and if I did this would probably not have been so bad or not at all.

Again, congragulations it's so nice to here a good outcome.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote