View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybelly View Post
Hi my name is Narelle I live in Melbourne Australia, I have a wonderful husband and 3 gorgeous children,my story is,

I had 4 steel poles fall and strike me on my head back in October 2010, after this happened i ended up with a bad case of concussion, which I am still dealing with today.
My GP has sent me for 2 CT scans and both came back ok, he then refered me to a Neurologist, whom ordered a MRI.
This has shown an 8 x 7mm ICA aneurysm with a 2.5mm neck.
Although I don't know if that is big, small or in a a somewhat normal range as far as aneurysms go, I have seen a Neurosurgeon and he has requested that I see a Neuroradiologist to see what operation would be better, clipping or coiling.
My Neurosurgeon has informed me he'd like to operate within the next few weeks.
I am extremely anxious at the prospect of surgery and the outcome, I am also very anxious as the Neurosurgeon said the aneurysm is at risk of bleeding and I am home during the day by myself.
I can't seem to get the fear of it bleeding or rupturing out of my head, I am not sleeping , if anyone has any advice as to how I can get past this at least until my surgery it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Narelle
Hi all, just an update,
I am still not sleeping, feel sad, angry, nervous and all of the normal emotions that seem to run with aneurysms.
I just wanted to let you know where I am at as of today 22/3/11, I have seen the Radiologist and it has been decided that my aneurysm shall be clipped.
I am seeing my Neurosurgeon on Friday, hopefully he will give me my operation date. (soon the better i think)
until my next update, I'll keep chugging along
Take Care
Narelle
nellybelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote