View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't have Sjogrens symptoms, but have the same type of Sjogrens nueropathys. Also Dr. G says this condition is like Chagas.

My Autonomic - My dexterity is very off, I have a hard time placing my hands and fingers in the rights places. My vision is also part of the autonomic system. My heart rate has recently become elavated and that is now a concern, blood pressure bacame a poroblem about 9 months ago, difficulty breathing has also come up, and I have allways had the best heart condition !!!. The difficulty swallowing - somtimes I just have to lift my chin up to let the food fall down my throat. I have very weak, thin nails. I also sweat alot when in moderate to severe flare-ups.

It is not just the pain that debilitates me but my medications, if I did not have these I would be hospitalized. THat is not an exageration, even with all these meds, i often still hit an 11 or 12 in a of 1to10. I was a person who did not take any medications at all at one time, now this is my life:

For pain and muscle spasm:
Percocet 10/325 every 4-6 hrs (4-8 daily depending on pain/activity levels)
Skelaxin 800mg every 4-6 hrs during day

To run pain interferance to the brain:
Cymbalta 60mg am
Elavil 50mg pm
Topamax 50 mg am and then 50 more mg pm

Otc acid reducer 150 mg ranitidine
Benazepril 10 mg use as needed when pain increases blood pressure

Flexeril 10mg at night or if a really bad day time in lieu of skelaxin
Lunesta 3mg nightly to sleep through pain
Vitamin D 1000mg 2/day

I now have to face adding more meds as my dr wants to install a port for iv ketamine and lidocane to see if they will help - anyfeedback on that?

I did see a rheumatologist a yr ago and he was not ready at that time to put me on autoimmune suppresants - but I am thinking that I really need to push in that direction. My quality of life is terrible. I really love your idea that we need a positive attitude, I really used to live by that. But my family has lost sooooooo much, I don't know if there is anything left in me to be positve.

What do you do for pain? What meds are there for the Autonoic system?
again, I really appriciate everyones feed back.

pabb- what is a good legth of time to try a supplement for? Also what about brands? That always concerns me, I dont know which ones are the quality ones.
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote