View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

YES! please tip the driver. I say if its $12 then give up $15 and a very nice thank you. That is a 20% tip and its generous but certainly less expensive than a rental, and if you are well known as a good tipper, you will get better service. If you get a jerk, who is rude, impatient or just plain ol upsetting please continue to tip, but do so according to the service given. I would stick to the 15% and not a penny more. If you feel you got a rude driver, I would call the company. Get to know your drivers. if you notice that Jim shows up quite often and you really like him, when you call for a taxi you can request Jim when he is available. it may mean waiting an extra 15 to 30 minutes, but sometimes good drivers are worth the wait.

That being said there are several alternatives. Many churches offer rides to and from MD appointments, shopping trips or pharmacy runs to the seniors and disabled of many towns. Also social service places will know if you qualify for a disabled ride. You must tell them ahead of them when and where your appointment is, and can schedule a stop at the pharmacy on your way home.

Many places will let you oder groceries to be delivered to your home. In Connecticut and NY they have Stop and Shop and you order on the internet or phone, and they deliver that afternoon. You can pay by debit card, credit card, pay pal or cash. Its proper to tip that guy as well. Amazon.com also will deliver many things to your door instead of you lugging them. Shipping is free past $25 but there may be a small handling charge. Worth it to save on the gas or taxi fee. Laundry detergents and other heavy things will be at your door instead of being lugged.

Im proud of you for this step. its a hard one.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-22-2011), Kitty (03-22-2011), mrsD (03-22-2011), SallyC (03-22-2011), Twinkletoes (03-28-2011)