View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When you have teenagers, advice often given is 'pick your battles'. When you have CRPS you sometimes must pick your pain. We have an imaginary scales at our house where we "weigh" out our choices. I find my self more and more using it to decide pain level vs benefits and this doesn't only include meds. Activities that I know are going to leave me "feet up" for a couple of days, dinner out, then sitting in the car while my husband does some things he wants to do. Sometimes I make the wrong choice. The dull eyesight is something I would not choose either, but the sleeping meds I'm taking now leave me slow moving most of the morning, but sleeping 9 hrs a night has lowered my pain level a bit.

But you also must learn about your own body and how it reacts, I am more sensitive to somethings that most normally aren't and I have to put up a battle to get my point across.

Don't give up. Keep doing your own research. Try and keep ahead of the game, and clearly notate your reactions but give them time to adjust in your system.

Best to you,
Pat

gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (03-25-2011), Sonny1 (03-22-2011)