View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
I don't drive anymore by choice, but, I keep my Van with a scooter inside, in my garage. It has a trickle down charger on it, so it's always ready to go. I never go anywhere anymore, but it's there and ready whenever I am.

I still keep my independence, in my mind, and yet my DD still takes my to the Docs or whatever. In an emergency, I would not hesitate to jump in my minivan and drive, with or without a license.

So, Kelly, my advise to you is to keep your car and license forever. You don't have to drive, but you can if you want. It's called independence and it makes you feel good.

P.S I'm glad you didn't say "a 70 year old little grumpy grandma".
70's not old (in my book), Sally! Isn't it the new 40?

I don't have my car anymore. I sold it almost a year ago. Didn't make anything off it because I still owed money on it but the dealership had someone that wanted to buy it so I broke even. The payment, insurance and upkeep expenses were just too much on my new budget. I think if I had a car that was paid for and only had to have liability insurance I might could swing it. I won't lie......I would really like to have some form of transportation. I do feel "stuck" here without a car but if I had one at my disposal I'd probably use it all of once a week. And sometimes not even that.

I do still have my driver's license and it's good until 2016.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-22-2011), Dejibo (03-22-2011), ewizabeth (03-22-2011), mrsD (03-22-2011), nemsmom (03-24-2011), SallyC (03-22-2011), tkrik (03-22-2011), Twinkletoes (03-28-2011)