View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default more details

OK, I'm finally up to doing all this typing. (It often hurts my fingers, but today seems to be OK.) So here is the list of my supplements. I have been taking all of these for about 8 weeks, though I have been on the B12 and the multi much longer.

Daily Supplements:
Dr. Weil's once daily multi (pretty high in the Bs and D)
600 mg NOW alpha lipoic (1st thing, empty stomach)
600 mg Source Naturals time release alpha lipoic acid
5000 mcg Jarrow methyl B-12 (1st thing, empty stomach)
500 mg Jarrow acetyl l-carnitine x2
80 mg turmericforce
400 mg daily ginger x3
500/500 mg Country Life Cal/Mag

I have idiopathic small fiber neuropathy. It was chronic, low grade for a long time so that I didn't know what was wrong nor paid much attention. In November it flared up and has spread rapidly to cover most of my body. The doctors say they don't know why and my neurologist says there is no point in my coming back in since there is nothing left to test me for.

I was in a terrible and stressful marriage for 20 years. I also lost my job and cannot get disability because I don't have enough credits in the system. I was divorced in July. These things forced me and my kids to relocate away from family and friends to a cheaper area of the state this summer. The whole ordeal of losing the marriage and the house and the finances was/is very stressful. My being unable to work and watching my savings dwindle to nothing is very stressful. Not having friends here is very stressful. Having a special needs son is very stressful. Having to re-home our pets when we moved was very stressful. I'm sure somehow or another this is all related to STRESS. Except that I know I actually do have the small fiber neuropathy because my skin puch biopsy shows I have lost a lot of nerve fibers. Oh, I also had neurosurgery on my spinal cord in 2009 which caused my husband to check out of the marriage (not that he was ever there in the first place) and that was stressful. (I think that may actually be the end of the stress list.)

Two more clues. In November my doctor had me take pepcid for a month to try to settle down my chronic heartburn from gastritis. Also, I was in a car accident (hit by an uninsured driver) that almost took my vehicle from me, but I managed to save it and repair it in spite of my insurance company. (Can't believe I missed that on my stress list!)

It is possible this is a connective tissue disorder as that seems to run in the family (though not this seriously). Or it could be autoimmune. My mother has fibromylagia. I read that autoimmune could be allergy related so I elimated the big allergens, also about 8 weeks ago. I do not eat any gluten, corn, nightshade, legumes, dairy, chocolate. I eat very little rice. The only egg I eat is in the canola mayonaise I use. I cannot give up the mayonaise! I am losing weight rapidly because of just not being able to stuff enough calories into me and food doesn't even look good any more. Eating is a chore. I am trying to eat every three hours to keep my blood sugar level. I do think I am very sensitive to fluctuations in blood sugar.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there a food I should omit or could add back in? The diet is really drivng me crazy. Or is this just going to take more time?

Thank you very much!!

Ruth
pepper999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote