View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thank you both for your help and encouragement

unfortunately taking a break from school is not a good option for me...I am going to try to maximize my downtime to facilitate healing...meditation/music/early bedtime etc....not sure what to think about exercise...some seem to think it is detrimental while others think it aids recovery if not overdone....I don't experience overwhelming fatigue from running but my exercise tolerance is definitely diminished and slight light headed when I run

blackzest do you remember the sleeping pill you were taking?...hohas your natural sleep returned to normal?...ambien did nothing for me...in fact OTC melatonin works better but I still only average about 5 hours of sleep per night.....I think that if I could conk out 10+ hours a night that would aid in recovery greatly

I find it so strange how varied some of the symptoms of this condition are amongst different people. Some are afflicted with significant balance problems that affect their ability to drive and go places...others have painfully persistent headaches...although I have some very annoying physical symptoms my condition is more of an inner torment that I am hiding from the world. I should count myself lucky that although I am struggling emotionally...I am atleast able to carry out my daily responsibilities at the moment.

I find the relation between endocrine dysfunction and MTBI intrigueing as many of my symptoms seem hormone based. I am going to ask for a referall to an endocrinologist from my GP. He's going to look at me crazy as I already asked on a prior visit if I could have a hormone panel done and he assured me that I didn't need it.
iggle24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote