View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for your responses. I have been using PHR Ver 4.5.2 (CD version) from CapMed/BioImages. Based on HealthRecordUser's recommendation, I've also downloaded the trial of Record's for Living. It's too soon to give any kind of a detail comparison; however, I can tell already that each system has capabilities missing in the other system.

This is an area that desperately needs a common standard. It appears that most medical records systems have so far focused on the more complex systems for doctor's offices. The consumer versions seem to be stripped down versions. Some systems including PHR/CapMed are being offered to patients of doctor's offices, hospital systems etc. It seems that many of these systems/applications have been customized for each major group. The PHR/CapMed version that I received is based on one of the systems offered to patients of Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia, PA that licensed PHR to provide to their hospital patients.

Consumer versions of the software applications seem to be fairly limited in features. A report writer is desperately need for the PHR/CapMed system. They claim such will be available 3Q 2007.

HealthRecordUser - do you understand the "plug-in" available for Record's for Living? Can users write there own reports/plug-in?

Thanks again, MrBill
MrBill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote