View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

This pain you have, Blaine, is far beyond a typical PN.

Yours is acute by far and most disabling. I met a woman once who was having a neuro inject her neck for some neck pain...an epidural of some type. He hit an arteriovenous malformation which he did not know was there, and she ended up in emergency surgery to save her spine. Her pain was treated with a similar dose of Percocet and some other drugs like yours. (she also used Lidoderms). Eventually she had to have a pain pump inserted.

I am wondering if you were evaluated for RSD? also called CRPS? Do you have color changes with your pain in the arms?
The sweating occurs in RSD too.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum21.html

But it can also come from the Percocet. (and Cymbalta).
Cymbalta also can raise blood pressure. Ketamine and lidocaine IV infusions are sometimes used for RSD patients. If you read that forum and post there, some of those receiving these infusions may answer.

I hope you find some answers soon.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (03-22-2011)