View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny1 View Post

Well I am home from my appointment this morning. I was a nervous wreck knowing we had to discuss the stellate ganglion block, which I agreed to for April 4th. YIKES!!

I fell a bit weird with this doctor. She seems to have this attitude of "suck it up and get over it". I explained that I could not take the Lyrica due to it making my vision very blurred and her response was "you are just going to have to push through things".......HELLO, I need to see. She continued with "every medication has side effects and you just cannot stop taking them because they make your vision blurred or they make you throw up etc" I'm thinking, I am trying to relieve pain not add it. So I agreed to go back on neurontin and "deal" with the exhaustion it caused me, at least I will be able to see!

OK, now that I freaked out, I do have an actual question. In doctor's report it states "The patient has symptoms which could fall in the diagnosis of CRPS-1." Is there ever a definitive diagnosis? or is it just wait and see if more symptoms appear? I am lost. My last visit she said you have CRPS, so here I am thinking i am going crazy~
Sonny1,

I would not go back to that doctor if she paid me. I have had RSD and PN for 7 years and have been with the same PM Doctor/Office and have never been told something so rediculious when I complained about a side effect of a med. or a treatment which I had many, many. Just start looking for a new doctor. What part of the country do you live in? Maybe someone can make a suggestion.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (03-25-2011), edever34 (03-24-2011)