View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Drs. making me mental

Well I had this whole letter typed pushed submit and poof whole thing disappears. So heres the long story short.
My dr thinks that I have a psychiatric disorder, my neuro convinced him I do. Wants to send me to see a neuro psychiatrist, I did want to see a psychiatrist to help me deal with the emotional problems of being sick. I use to be a really active person and now I been reduced to a snails pace. Hard to handle that, I have to slow down, when all I want to do is be my healthy self.
So I see the head shrink, he has me dx'ed before I even get to tell him my side of the story. He tells me I have a "conversion disorder" and its all because of my poor up bringing, ya my mother apparently is to blame for my health conditions. And even though I told him that my health condition improved with the elimanation of glutten, milk and soy, he didn't want me to persue any more testing. Even though my husband concured that my diet helped immensly.
I have a GI dr that believes me, I get to see him in a couple of weeks. My blood test were normal. He did a IgA deficiant test on me, and a biopsy that I know is normal. So you might think, who cares what the other drs think, you know that glutten makes you sick forget about it. Heres the kicker, being sick has made me disabled, I still am not able to go and work, and no work no money and being sick and poor really sucks. I need a dr to fill out a disability form, but I don't want to be dx'ed "conversion disorder". The only way for me to prove once and for all is to get testing done my enterolabs. I can't afford the big one, would the IgA test be best or the one that test specifically for glutten. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote