View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello

Hello and I hope you are doing OK. Yes there is even hope when the first surgery does not work. I had all the symptoms you told me about. My first was C-6-7 fusion, plate, artificial bone. this surgery I was told had to be done or I risked b eing paralized. I had no health insurance because of pre-exisiting conditions. I often wonder why he did not fix the whole neck. I was mad at the results and got my records and found out my neck had alot more problems than what was addressed. Perhaps he did no more because I had no money or insurance. Any way six years later, That same neck reversal continued on getting worse. My PT really was having trouble controlling my pain. He saw what my neck looked like with the Katamine infussions. He got me to the best NS around. He removed my old hardware, re-did C-6-7 and then fussed all C-3-7. He began with the old one first. My results are good. This is a relief, and I am on much less medication. I do caution, this hurt alot. I was in bed two weeks, and the third barely. Week four started to get better. The surgery I had was not taken lightly by the surgeon or me. I do wish you all the best as you deal with your cervical problems. It sure is no fun, but there are people who will care. I came here right before I had to have the surgery for support. For me the decision to do it was the right one. good luck ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote