View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Blaine,

Autoimmune conditions can come on suddenly from an infection, but are usually slow progressing. Ganglionitis is also slow progressing. I'm not sure what to make of your awful acute pain, but think you'd be wise to seek someone that can pin down a more defined cause (like which AI disease and confirmation of the ganglionitis, RSD, etc), so that treatment options are more clear. Have they MRI'd neck and complete spine? I'll assume they've done EMG's or nerve conduction studies...particularly of the ulnar nerve.

Nerve blocks basically injection medicine into the ganglion to numb the effected nerve. There is always risk and you must be weigh the risks carefully. I'm surprised you are being loaded up with pain meds...which don't seem to be helping much if you're still in extreme pain. There HAS to be other options and maybe you should seek another opinion at a good academic facility (you mentioned a university).

The IVIG is not going to solve acute pain...it's more for long term mgmt. of autoimmune neuropathy to slow progression. It 'modifies' the immune system.

You mentioned problems with your vision...what types of problems?

Gosh, I wish I had something more encouraging to say. Don't 'settle' for a life with this kind of pain. Keep searching for the doctor that will eventually pin-point this and provide you with better options.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (03-22-2011)