View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In late Jan of '09 I got an upper respitory virus that lasted a couple of weeks. I also have asthma that comes on in the spring with my hay fever allergies or with a respitory virus. The virus in Jan was a severe one and i needed steriods and nebulizers treatments to get my breathing under control. In mid. Feb I got a GI bug. It went through the entire gi tract - stomach, intestines, and the end. I was feverish, achy, exhausted and weak.
I was also still debilitated from the respitory ailment. Also keep in mind the entire family went through all of these bugs. Thats how it goes around here, I was volunteering at my kids school; if they didn't bring it home, i would!

Normal years my allergies start to become a problem late feb/early march, so this year I was already ill when that time hit and di not think it was abnormal when I din't get better. However by April I still felt very ill. For the rest of that year my pcp was unable to determine what was wrong and my condition went up and down depending on virus that hit me or the one time I had the antibiotics when we thought it was Lyme.

By October of '09 my pain was so bad that my pcp then referred me to the university dr that eventually threw out the Lyme diagnosis, but referred me to their nuerology department. I couldn't get in to see them until the end Jan 2010.

This to me seems like a slow progression. But I really don't know.

I have had neck MRI's to see if it was a physical problem with the spine, but it came back clear. It was also taken early on. I just had one done last week and am waiting to get the results now. I am hoping to get maybe some new results maybe.

I have had EMG's and nerve conduction studies, at least 3 of each, but they all came back normal. Dr. G says this is normal for Ganglioneuritis - it will NOT show up on a EMG or nerve conduction study.

My vision flucutes in coordination with my pain. I have different ranges blurriness in each eye, also the eye will sometimes redialate under light.

I completly agree with you about the medication. It has been a slow build up process. The dr. trys somthing and it works just a little, for me that is better than what it is like with out it. I get a little worse, try a little more meds. Believe me when i say that i can not express enough how much i hate these medications. I will go to the universitys pain management center now, I really, really hope they will be able to put me on something to reduce the pain and reduce the other medications I am on.

Thank you again for your information and advice
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (03-23-2011)