View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi bernst

I did have trouble with this too as I was sick with no insurance most of my life. I almost didn't have enough credits (paid into it enough) to qualify. I had to go back through records to a big sale I had and prove I worked that quarter. I was an artist who traveled around the country so I had my own business. It was a tight squeeze and I did go before a judge gratefully before it was all said and done. I was granted my dissability before that judge. This credit issue is a problem. Can you seek a legal aid for SSD to help see if there is a way? There has to be a way to get coverage if you are sick all along. If people can get into our country and get benefits in three months, surely there has to be a way for citizens to get that coverage when they are sick. Go to your congressman or woman if you have to. Ask for help. amd hopefully there will be some people on this site to help you. There is a SSD thread also for this subject with some very smart people there, encluding a legal aid person. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote