Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default surgery

I don't blame you for being nervous. I was too and found this site and received alot of information. I am Post 7 months. C3-7 was done, my first at C-6-7 failed, so the whole if it was done to fix all of it six years later. It was a difficult proceedure as I reversed the whole of my cervical spine until they were almost lying folded over on each other. For me the pain wasn't good after the surgery. I was in bed for two weeks and only really started feeling human after the second week. I came back to this site briefly at two weeks to say hello and that I survived it. Now 7 months later all is much much better. My pain meds are almost down to nothing, I have been weening off ms contin for all of the 7 months. Good luck to you. I hope the outcome is successful and that your pain is reduced. I was scared too, litterally shaking when I first got on line here, frantic. There were alot of people who coached me through all the highs and lows. Be good to yourself too, while you go through it. Insist on good pain management for after the operationtoo. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote