View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weird MRI Question

I'm not sure whether to attribute this to having many MRI scans or not, but the issue didn't start until after I started getting MRIs.

I am a killer of batteries. I can no longer wear a watch. I kill the battery in no time at all. I had worn the same watch for years and never had a problem. This was a pretty expensive watch with a Swiss movement, so it wasn't poorly made.

Suddenly after all of my problems started and I started having MRIs, the watch battery died. I replaced it and it promptly died again. I sent the watch out for service and there was nothing wrong with it but, I could never keep a battery in that watch for more than a month or so after this started.

So, I got a new watch which was not an expensive one. The battery thing started all over again. I got a third watch with the same results. I gave up on watches several years ago.

The new issue is that I am killing batteries in electric toothbrushes now. My husband and I have used the Oral B Pulsar toothbrushes for years. They tend to last around 4 months before the battery wears out.

I had a new MRI in November. My toothbrush died within weeks. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I wasn't even actually sure how long I had it. I got a new one out and it didn't even last a month. At that point, I was ticked off at the company because I figured it was a defective package (it was a two pack).

I bought a new toothbrush - same brand and type. It also died within a few weeks. All this time, my husband is still using his same toothbrush with no problem.

So, last month, I bought a new brand. They started off fine, but each toothbrush from that brand started slowing down within a week, stopping completely about two weeks later. I know you are supposed to change your toothbrush frequently (i.e. every few months), but this every few weeks thing is getting old.

It hit me this morning that maybe it is just me and is something like the watch battery issue. The reason I am thinking it has to do with MRI is because I wasn't killing toothbrushes since this recent MRI. I hadn't had an MRI for about 2 years before that one.

Any ideas? Does this happen to anyone else?

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-23-2011), dmplaura (03-24-2011), SallyC (03-23-2011)