View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 02:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinjeffmo View Post

Since I have a signed contract with my doctor who I trust and who trusts me, I wouldn't do anything to alter this relationship yet I know if my state was ever progressive enough to actually allow pot to be used for whatever medical reason a doctor found necessary, I'd love adding this to my pain management arsenal. I have one doctor who's made it very clear that anytime I'm in CA visiting my family for an extended visit he'd have it waiting for me so clearly there are highly educated doctors who see this as being worth a consideration.

As long as drug companies can make $880 a month just so I can get one prescription for pain pills filled, they'll always fight tooth and nail against us growing a funny looking herb on our kitchen counter that literally grows like a weed. It's all about profits and nothing else.

Sure there are people who are positive that once a person smoke a joint they'll be doing cocaine and crack by weeks end, but most of these individuals are also the ones who preach they'd never take morphine either. Just let them live with our pain loads and they'd change their minds quick enough, but there's no winning against deep rooted ignorance and prejudice. Sadly enough their voices are being heard more than ours are it seems.

I don't care for the fuzzy headed feeling of pot and prefer morphine since I notice no blurry headed feelings, but I do know it should always be left up to the individual and the attending doctor. Of course we don't live in a free country anymore, so why dream we can actually pursue our own path of happiness when we've turned the USA into a land where our every action is monitored and controlled. That hurts worse then the physical pain if you ask me.
what sort of signed contract are you speaking of?