View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy.girl View Post
I have only had 2 infusions, so no, I do not feel like it has helped at all, in fact I feel worse.
They only gave me (30) Klonopin, and directions say I can take up to 3 a day. I only took one a day, for a few days, they made me feel very loopy.
I guess I will have to wait for infusion 3 to see if I get the same feeling, then I will know it is the TY. It concerns me a bit, because, I was dizzy and off balance, and my heart was racing, as well as feeling nausea.

Thanks for asking
Daisy, since I'm not a dr I can only tell you my experiences with Valium....which is in the same family of meds as Klonopin. Prior to having an MRI I take 10mg. of Valium. It makes me feel a little loopy and off balance but I prefer that to feeling like I want to scream, having my heart pounding so hard it feels like it will burst and feeling as if I might pass out. Later on the Valium makes me sleepy but I don't sleep through the MRI because I'm still a bit nervous but I'm able to handle it with the Valium.

I have a friend who has panic attacks on a regular basis. She takes something for it that is similar to Klonopin and Valium. I know it took her over a month of taking the med daily before the side effects wore off and she felt comfortable driving a car. I think she takes 2 tablets a day.

When I first began Ty I was nervous about every little thing. I didn't even notice that I was doing better because I was so focused on all the side effects they told me to watch out for. It was my husband who noticed that I began to walk a bit better. I was using a walker in the house most of the time but, other times I would hobble a bit from chair to chair. I had stopped using a wheelchair in the house. He realized that I was able to walk a straight line instead of weaving

hugs,
Shayna
shayna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (03-25-2011), Grammie 2 3 (03-25-2011), Natalie8 (03-25-2011), Riverwild (03-24-2011)