View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,
I am not sure about your MRI but if you are a fitness instructor, and you are having back trouble, you may want to check the egoscue technique for realigning. especially if you have pain more on one side. I was pain free for 10 years with it, and super active, running uphill ect...I am 50 and now I am doing egoscue, yoga for scoliosis by miller and treat your own back by mc kensies. I have three bulging disk, from doing too much too long..
I have sciatica and neck pain, but saying that I have greatly improved my neck with egoscue, treat your own neck by robin mckensies, I have now being in pain for 7 month, but I started a regiment of core strenghtening, if you can do the plank for 3 minutes or the camel, then your core is good, if less ,then it might be why you are starting to get back pain. My core was very poor, (started 2 weeks ago) and I am just reaching the one minute barre with a lot of trouble.. so i don't know if that is going to work, will see anyway good luck.
virginie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatrowbridge5 View Post
I was given this diagnosis after my MRI last week, yet I need someone to explain it in plain sensible English!
1. L4-5 small broad based protrusion without significant canal or neural trauma stenosis
2. Marked disc degenerative changes at L5-S1 with mild bilateral neuroforamina narrowing but no significant canal stenosis.

Does this mean I have a bugling disc? What does it all mean for me in a practical sense? Do I stop all jogging, impact activites, all yoga? Help! I'm a fitness Instructor by trade so this could be a life-altering diagnosis. My doctor is not very talkative and I have to pull everything outta him.
swimwithmanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote