View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am from Canada too, and boy can I RELATE. Neurologists, though smart and well educated on the brain, have NO idea of the implications of concussions. None whatsoever. I am also now fully recovered after my concussion (FINALLY). I saw a neurosurgeon and 2 neurologists along the way and all they had to say was "it will all go away in 4-6 months". I am not a doctor but 2 months in, standing in their offices, I could have told them that was not going to happen.

Seriously Canada, get a grip. One of our great Canadian heroes (Sidney Crosby) has been out for MONTHS following his head injury. IS THIS WHAT IT TAKES TO GET SOME ATTENTION THESE DAYS? I am sad this has happened to him at such a young age...my age actually...but he is starting to bring much needed publicity to the CORRECT management of concussions

5 weeks after my concussion I was experiencing vertigo...and my doctor said it was anxiety and told me to go for a run. A RUN??? SERIOUSLY?? After a head injury. She spent that much time in medical school and had no idea that if I actually went for that run it could have been enough to cause second-impact syndrome. Drives me bonkers.

End rant.

Carmell
carmell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote