View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

K, my Mom has been dealing with this her whole adult life. But had only had MRI's within the last few years. She found that the ONLY watch she can wear without instantly killing it (or within a week at most) is a Timex. They tend to last around two years for her. She is also allergic to metal though and has to paint the whole back of it with nail polish. She even has to tuck in her shirts so that the metal in the waistline of her jeans doesn't give her sores.

I'm not sure I've noticed batteries dieing for me. I am allergic to metal too, just not as severe as my Mom. But anything electronic tends to not want to work around me. I don't know exactly when it started but I'm pretty sure it was before I ever had an MRI. No one can find me in there systems for the first couple minutes of looking several different ways. Any electronic equipment used for testing on me always acts up in some way. I go through cell phones like crazy, oh the cell phone thing is a battery issue. I cannot use touch screens, 90% of the time they don't register that I touched them. Ha, come to think of it, my Neuro was having issues with her computer while I was there today

I'm sure there's more, just too tired to think of it. Now I want to know just exactly how many people who get regular MRI's or have had one have this issue.

Hope you quit killing batteries.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (03-24-2011), hollym (03-25-2011)