View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Finz, thanks for all of that good information. I may not have been clear on the 75% thing. I am not at MMI yet but not 100% TTD either. So for now I am 75% impaired. I have just begun pain management treatment. I am required by WC to look for work and I have been looking. Yet the flip side of this is I did apply for SSDI as per attorney because I also have severe depression/anxiety. I had depression/anxiety b4 the WC case, yet I was functional.We did begin the process of incorporating the additional dep/anxiety into the WC folder (my therapist gave a report) however in the end (as per attorney) it would not make a difference in the award amount when I reach MMI. Also I would have had to switch physc doctor as she does not accept WC. It took me 3 years to get fully comfortable with her through all of this, that is why i would rather not switch. It is noted by judge that at any time we could re introduce it to the WC folder. So that is what leaves me confused. If SSDI sees me looking for work per WC, then they can say go to work...it just gets to be a bigger darker hole with tons of paperwork!

I have no idea what will happen come the end of this mess, but I will not close out medical no matter what. In NYS what ever award you get, they pay it in full (minus what they have already paid in wages and possibly attorney fees). It used to be the way you explained, but in recent years it has changed to one lump sum.

We do not have children a choice we made long ago. I love kids, but glad we stuck to our choice, life throws these curveballs in and they are hard enough to deal with. My husband owns 2 small businesses locally so he works 12-14 hrs. a day out of the house and then the phone calls, problems when he is not there etc..once he is home. (people hear owning business' and think $$$$$$$, yea not the case)

We do not have a lavish lifestyle but it has gotten less lavish now with reduced earnings and now having to pay $800 a month for our medical. Fortunately 2 years ago we bought a new house (well not brand new) and pretty much based it on 1 income, just incase. WHEW!! So all I can hope for is this all ends soon so i can really focus on my pain and healing the best i can.

thanks!
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote