View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I had 2 diskectomies/laminectomies - they were the "open" kind, not the minimally invasive kind. It took about 4 1/2-6 months before I felt REALLY okay. I was able to go back to work part time at 4 1/2 months and full-time at 6 months after the first surgery. It takes a long time to heal after surgery, especially after fusions. There's alot of inflamed tissue/nerves that are might angry after surgery and it can be very painful during the healing time. The nerves heal at the average rate of one inch per month - so depending on how much damage was done, it can take quite awhile for them to heal.

Be patient and try not to do too much or expect to get better too soon. You'll heal in time. God bless and take care of YOU. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote