View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatgen27 View Post
Sonny1
Im sorry your appointment left you frustrated. I agree with the others, as if I take a new med and find it has to many side effects then I won't take them anymore. After all, it's my body but with that being said I always try the various meds for a solid month. Reason bring, the side effects usually dissipate after a few weeks. I would say 99% of the meds I discontinued was because I did not feel any changes in my pain levels.
As far as the comment the dr made about the diagnosis being potential CRPS type 1, I'm thinking she wants to see how your body reacts to the nerve block. If you fire this dr, please find another asap to treat you as the percentage of remission decreases over time and therefore right now timely treatment is important. Either way, I suggest that you still try the nerve block wether it be with the current pm dr or a new one.
Sarah
I am sticking it out with this doctor for at least the 1st nerve block on 4/4/11. I spoke with my PT head honcho today about this Dr. and her lack of compassion and bedside manner. PT honcho knows this Dr. well and agreed 100% with my description of her, however said she is the person to go to if I want to see results. She sent her mom there last year for shingles pain. She explained to me that this Dr. is a no nonsense pity party woman, which I get. No pain no gain, but I do have some say in my treatment and treatment is not limited to pills, tests, injections etc., but people connection. So, I will give her a try and see what results I get, if I am not satisfied then we move on!!!
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote