View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk.

First off, I'd ask-- have your blood sugars been controlled well all this time?

Were they terrible at first?

What drugs do you take? (or have taken recently including antibiotics).

And have you had serum B12 tests (or MMA test) and Vit D3 tests? If so what are your numerical results?
Don't accept "normal"... please get the numbers.

There are many things that cause neuropathies... including vaccines, antibiotics and statins for cholesterol.
Poorly controlled blood glucose levels are only one cause.

Just recently I've been keeping a tight control on my blood sugar, however, a psychiatrist started me taking Seroquel at night for sleep because I had tried everything else. I took that for nearly six years before I found out that it could wreak havoc with my glucose control. When my A1c hit 11% I knew I had to do something! I had seen an endocrinologist for diabetes and he knew I was taking Seroquel but never said anything. Anyway, I had gastric bypass surgery 3 yrs ago and lost 70 lbs. I expected my diabetes to resolve but it didn't. I finally found out it was the Seroquel and quit taking it.

My A1c went down immediately but I think the damage was already done. My B12 is fine (I give myself injections once/month), I take D3 supplements, iron supplements, B6, Calcium Citrate, Niacin (for cholesterol control), multivitamins, antidepressant, etc.

I still haven't found anything to help me sleep and I've tried every class of drug available. The best sleep I've ever had was when I'd been prescribed percocet after surgery. Opiates always put me to sleep.

I know I have autonomic dysfunction, peripheral neuropathies, I had Bells Palsy last November. But this "electrical current" feeling is brand new. You should know I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and was recently diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome so sometimes it's difficult to figure out just what exactly is causing pain.
judij is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote