View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi stilltired,

Welcome to the forum! My advice to you is to take any medical info. you have to your neurologist. In some cases celiac has caused seizures for people. The best thing for you to do is to write down on a calendar what time of day/night you have any seizures along with a discription of the seizure. Also take note if the seizure happened when there was a low pressure in the weather or if you have been sick or very tired and stressed out these are the main things that can trigger seizures not to mention hormones changing.
If you are not pleased with the neurologist I would see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy). I've seen many neurologists over the 39 yrs. I've had seizures and I found that the Epileptologist did the best for me. You can go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually at University Hospitals to find an Epileptologist. These Drs. work together with a team of other Drs. like a neurosurgeon and neuropsychologist all these Drs. will do tests on you and they will be able to pinpoint the exact cause of your seizures and if they are regular seizures or psuedo seizures. Start taking vitamin B12 once a day 1000 mcg. and cut back on the carbs and starch foods this will help you. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote