View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Post Concussion Syndrome...

Last August I suffered a concussion while filling a tire with air. It exploded in my face. I was knocked unconcious, when I came around I couldn't remember what had happened or what I had been doing or why. I didn't start to remember until I had been in the ER for almost 30 minutes. While I suffered a concussion, my eardrum was also ruptured and I lost 70% of my hearing in my left ear. So while I was experiencing all the symptoms of post concussive syndrome, at the time I thought it was strictly related to my ruptured eardrum. On January 10th I had surgery to repair my eardrum because it was not healing on it's own. Now that I have been on the road of recovery for my ear and everything is healing well and my hearing is restoring slowly but surely. I'm still experiencing the same symptoms as before only now they seem to be worse. Since my accident I have been getting what seem to be migraine headaches on average of once a week. I've felt nauseated on and off but usually with the headache. Some months ago a walk in clinic told me I had sinusitis, put me on antibiotics and prescribed an anti-nausea medication...but my symptoms persisted even still. And I'm not sure how to explain my memory but I lose pieces of time during my day. This doesn't happen every day but too often for comfort. I have also experienced unexplained pain in my muscles, sharp painful stabbing pain. For no apparent reason at all, not sure if this is related. I have not slept thru the night since before the accident. And I seem to be tired ALL the time. I recently started taking melatonin, which seems to be helping some, but I just started so we shall see. I haven't actually seen my doctor about this yet, but have an appt next week. I just started surfing the net on concussions and stumbled upon all this information on post concussion syndrome and was almost agast at the similarities in my symptoms...I'm thinking chances are this will be my diagnosis...though I'm no doctor.
AirHead928 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote