View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

airhead,

I would not expect a great reception from your doctor if you say you have Post Concussion Syndrome. Most doctors do not respond well to patients who self diagnose. They call them cyberchondriacs. Try to be in a questioning mode. "Hey Doc, help me understand" may be a good way to discuss your concussion.

Write down a list of your symptoms and try to avoid medical terminology. Don't use vague terms like "I just feel weird." Try something like, "Sometimes, I will lose track of time." or " I will entirely forget what happened for a portion of the day."

Ask about getting your neck checked out. You pain may be from a unresolved neck injury. The head bone is connected to the neck bone. Most doctors should know this but few consider the neck when the head has been impacted.

How do you feel when and after your sleep? Daytime tiredness can be due to a failure to sleep deep enough for all of the phases of sleep. Upper neck injuries can cause the autonomic nervous system to malfunction causing a failure of your body to properly regulate breathing when you are asleep. The is called Central Sleep Apnea. It is often associated with stressful or weird dreams. It will cause excessive daytime sleepiness.

Write down any questions for your doctor. You don't want to forget to ask them all. Explain how you needed to write them down because you tend to be more forgetful.

Good luck with your doctors appt.

btw, Next time you post, try to put lots of double paragraph spaces so each paragraph is only 5 or 6 lines long. Many of us struggle to follow from one line to the next if the paragraph is too long.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote