View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 08:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Marlene,

I used to have a fairly well balenced dirt (this is what my fingers typed I thought I would leave it there for a laught - we do live in the country)(DIET). BEFORE I met my husband.....I struggle constantly with my Irish/german husband who grew up with meat and potatoes and desert meals. I have finally got him trained to have a salad and sometimes a vegi with every meal and no deserts. I myself used to eat very simple whole grains, usually bean protein, maybe chicken or fish, and vegis. Now hubbys german aunt is the one who cooks all the meals for us. But you know lately (past 6 mo) I have completely changed. i have become a comfort eater. It is terrible I know. I have been trying to cut back because I do not want this to be a serious habit.

I am/was very sensative to my body and can feel how "toxic" these so called comfort foods are(sloppy joes w/ cheese, cheese quasadillas, ice cream - ans I used have a TOTAL sugar INTOLERANCE!). They are NOT what my body wants. They are what I what I emotionally want. I learned t0 listen to my body at a very young age as I grew up one of those kids with an undiagnosed very high metabolism/hypoglycymia. I was 21 when a doctor in an emergency room finally told me that I just had to eat high protien meals every two hours and I would quit passing out, getting dizzy, feeling nausious, getting migraines, etc. It was amazing! I had been that way for about 7 years and my mother had been a nurse! So listenening to my body and how it likes and does not like what I eat is what i USED to do.

So I REALLY appreciate you bringing up this point, I have to get back on a proper diet and start listening to my body again...thanks!

.......I think I may have been ignoring it because of all this crud going on.....
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote