View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default SSD woes

dear sony, and the rest going for SSD. I sure do sympathize. Boy all of us in pain are having a good time., yeh right...I know don too, and several others having trouble with SSD. I hate to say it, but I think they will require you to use all the $50,000, and then yes they pay you so you can't afford a postage stamp. This with dissabilities, and depresssion for most of us, makes dealing with these agiencies hell. And the trouble is I earned this hell. I am no more criminal than the man in the moon, yet sometimes you are treated rather badly. I had my folks trust, with money there for my taxes while I got older. The government required me to use it, before I was granted dissability. I don't think you can have more than 2,000 in the bank to qualify. At least that is what happened in my case. Poverty seems to be the norm, and the system really doesn't want anyone to help you eithor. Any gift you get is to be reported etc. The whole system needs to be overhauled. I am not sure why after working for 30 years, that All I saved had to be used eithor. No insurance forces poverty. I got caught in the catch 22 over pre-existing conditions. Now 10 years, and 10 surgeries later, I am amazed at what a struggle it all is. I wonder why it is so hard to receive help. Nobody disabled asked for their condition, and nobody is having a good time with it eithor. Anyone struggling with SSD, DCF, Medicare, Medicaid, all of it is difficult, wish there were easy answers for all of us. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote