View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default To Hellion

my original diagnosis was like yours, they treated me for 6 months for carpel tunnel and ulnar nerve, it wasn't until I had my first CT scan after 6 months of agonizing physio that they discovered it was my c-spine pinching the nerves. I too am off on comp (WSIB) but they just transferred my original diagnosis over to the correct one and kept my same file going since I never went back. I am now 3 weeks post op, in less pain then before surgery, and on less pain meds, (although I still take oxy & percs) but I'm still not healed or out of pain completely. I have solved the pinched nerve in my ulnar nerve completely, and my wrist is 90% better, I have a little residual numbness in my last two fingers but I've been told this can take up to 2 years to go away completely. My swallowing issues have all cleared up, and the only thing that is really bothersome is the damn muscle spasms in my shoulder area and sore achy neck. I have a hard collar that I'm required to wear for at least 5 more weeks, then i will have xrays to see about getting that off. Interesting to see how I feel when this collar comes off, it's very uncomfortable. (especially sleeping with it).

I'm glad I had the surgery, I was in much more pain before then now. Now I just need to stay positive and patient while I heal... easy to get bored and climb the walls not being allowed to do anything or drive.

Good luck to you, I'm sorry you lost your job over this, that was definately unfair, since you were being honest, you had no way of diagnosing yourself, and it's the doctor's responsibility to correct misdiagnosis with a compensation claim. I had the same thing, and I was very stressed about my job. I'm still off work for at least 5 more months to heal, I imagine it's going to be a bit stressful returning since my absence has been so long (makes for bad feelings with some coworkers).

take care,
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote