Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I need help

Just over a year and a half ago I had my most recent head injury. As a result, I was off work for about a year, and have had to make some life changes to adapt to Post Concussive symptoms.

My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years has sunk into a depression, largely due to this situation.

Problem is, that we had talked about starting a family prior to this accident. I am now nearing my forties and with his depression we seem to be further from this than ever.

I am now in the position of caregiver (which is difficult when I have limited energy) and am hoping that with anti depressants and counselling he will start to feel better. I just want to see him happy and feel well.

My chances of having a child are dwindling, and I am not sure how to support him while still wanting to explore having a child. I don't know that I would have the energy to even raise a child but I want the option to be there.

Looks like I am a caregiver who needs a caregiver! I really love my boyfriend, and I want to help him. I'm just feeling confused.

Advice?
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-23-2011), tamiloo (04-08-2011)