View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

I wanted to know what are the symptoms of MS? I have pernicious Anemia...with constipation and have to take align, which is a probiotic to rid my body of the bad bacteria in tummy and intestines.

Most importantly, I am getting pain in my upper arms...light shooting nerve pain, in my fingers, in my legs...but I caught a cold...a virus.....! I do have cervical herniated disk, and 2 lumbar herniated disks. I experience lights in my eyes which distort my vision so I close my eyes to let them fade. I get pain on the crown of my head and doctor has said my spine is going through muscle spasms...and I don't know why? I get pain in the lower back of my head and then feel stabbing pain to the crown of my head....I don't know how long I can deal with this as I have been living with it for 12 years now ever since I had colarbone surgery. 2 weeks after the surgery, I started to get the pain on the crown of the head. When I came home from the hospital with my arm in a sling, I went to lie down on my recliner and started to cry. My daughter asked me what was wrong and I told her my brain was telling me to lift my head, but I couldn't move it. I told my daughter to cup her hand under my head so that I could lift it. I think I injured my neck when I fell off my bicycle onto the pavement.

I also get blurry vision when I get the pain on the crown of my head. When I don't have the pain....it's not blurry!

Last month, I drove myself to the gastro doc to get a B12 shot and I don't know how I got there because I seriously was not feeling well. The pain on my head was so bad and then I felt like my chest was going numb and felt like I was going to die. I had the nurse take my blood pressure and it was 146 over 79.

My regular doc is in denial that I have pernicious anemia and doesn't think my symptoms are related to the low B12 at the end of the month. He's telling me it could be fibromyalgia which I was diagnosed with, but not all of this is fibromyalgia, especially the pain I get in my upper right arm...(feels like nerve pain) as my arm is leaning forward slightly and healed incorrectly when the colarbone was healing. He was telling my husband for me to go on antidepressants and I was there and did that and would not consider it as I had problems with paxil. I believe my arms is pulling my neck and my thoracic causing spasms and nerve throbbing. Docs say they wouldn't consider rebreaking the colarbone at my age.

I've been taking muscle relaxants that help but I can't be on those the rest of my life, I guess? I've been told since I have pernicious anemia that there is an autoimmune disease lurking in my body, but which one is the question?

I don't know what to do as the pain in my head is terrible and I have to lie down on my back to stop the throbbing in my spine. I can't seem to function very well because of this!

Does anyone have an suggestions?
Happy_go_lucky612 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-26-2011), SallyC (03-26-2011)