View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sciatica in left leg now in left arm !!

Over the last 2 Months I have just recovered from bad sciatica down left leg ( left leg atrophy but I can walk ok with no pain now but some weakness ).

A few weeks after this, I developed a sciatica down the left arm. Pain in shoulder, arm. Neck feels achy. Muscles tender to touch like a nerve pain. No numbness or pins and needles. The pain is bad at night and difficult to get comfortable. Also I have developed phlegm in the throat over the last Month but I do not have cold so I cough to get a little mucus up.

The doctor has put me back on the medicines he gave me for the leg ( declofenic, co-codamal, amitrytpline. I am awaiting the results of the MRI for the leg, now the pain is gone here.

I am in despair now thinking I have a tumor that has spread or a neurological disease. I cant have another MRI just having gone though one for the lumbar area only.

The only thing I can attribute this too is that during the Month I had off work, I was sitting at home on my computer. I was slouched forward to take weight off spine base but my head was raised upwards ( or backwards ) to view screen for up to 5 hours a day for a Month.

Can anyone comment please?

Many thanks

tony
ukman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote