View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In medicine, differential diagnosis is the process whereby a given condition or circumstance, called the presenting problem or chief complaint, is examined in terms of underlying causal factors and concurrent phenomena as discerned by appropriate disciplinary perspectives and according to several theoretical paradigms or frames of reference, and compared to known categories of pathology or exceptionality. Differential diagnosis allows the physician to:
more clearly understand the condition or circumstance
assess reasonable prognosis
eliminate any imminently life-threatening conditions
plan treatment or intervention for the condition or circumstance
enable the patient and the family to integrate the condition or circumstance into their lives, until the condition or circumstance may be ameliorated, if possible.
If the patient's condition does not improve as anticipated when the treatment or therapy for the disease or disorder has been applied, the diagnosis must be reassessed.

i have read a number of articles and papers listing various neuropathies, the way they present and progress, and the best form of treatment etc, and i have read countless times that there are over 100 known forms of neuropathy. i have also read that when a more thorough investigation is done a cause is found for the 75% of what are initially classes as idiopathic small fiber neuropathies.

what i am looking for is a comprehensive list of neuropathies something like the one below which lists known nutritional neuropathies.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1171558-overview
drswami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote