View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy anyone have any tips on: recovery (memory, mental organization tools etc)

My accident was just over 4 years ago. I was in a coma for a few days and, paralyzed one of my arms....

Here I am 4 years post-accident; back in college. Last semester, I pulled a pretty good GPA -even with a physics course- This semester, I have completely buckled! We just had midterms and, I have unfortunately managed to do so poorly (mainly on exams - that was never an issue before the TBI) that I will have to drop ALL of my courses.

It wasnt until about 3 weeks ago that I became fully aware of how sever my TBI is. I guess I just thought subconsciously that if I simply avoided it, then it would just go away. WRONG!! This whole TBI thing is more like the IRS- its collecting interest I think?!

While I DO have an incredibly ambitious schedule (calculus, 3rd-term chemistry, 3rd-term biology -both with labs- and english comp/lit) it really wasnt until recently when I REALLY became aware of how TERRIBLY my test performances have been in addition to my inability to recall newly learned information, inability to organize multi-step chemical and mathematical equations, and OH MY GOSH.... Im SOOOOOO ridiculously impulsive its embarrassing!

Does anyone have any useful tips or tools to help me learn how to effectively overcome these common characteristics associated with most TBI's???

I was at a workshop today and someone recommended something that I am eager to try but, I would LOVE info from others who also endure the same things.

THANKS!
mellogurly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote