View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just checking in :)

Hi guys ,

Just thought I would say good morning to you all and "check in" with you guys.

How is everyone's SCS working this morning? Are you all getting a buzz out of today? I run mine still only a few hours out of the day. It still makes me jumpy and affects my chest, but I need to have information to provide with the doctors in Cleveland. (I had to re-schedule this appointment to April 12th so I could someone to come watch the kids and make sure the goats were all taken care of)

I started physical therapy - the desensitization with a cotton ball. So far, so good. Some times are fine, others are like steel wool being rubbed on me. It's got to be done, so I just bury my face in my pillow and say funny words (trying not to swear, although it has been proven that swearing helps with pain).

I got a new set of wheels on Friday. My therapist and the insurance company's case nurse manager insisted on me using a 4 wheel walker with a seat (and a basket!) instead of a cane and holding onto my husband . It makes me feel super old, but it is surprisingly helpful. My husband and I actually walked around in our back and front yard longer then usual (I do need some type of better traction tires so I can go in the yard). It does provide more stability as well as a resting spot if I get dizzy or tired. I think I might have overdone it yesterday though, as my body is very angry today.

My pain management doctor also agreed with me not taking the Clonidine anymore. So, I am slowly coming off this medication as it can cause my blood pressure to sky rocket. Gee - this medication caused my blood pressure to drop into scary levels after just one week and if I don't come off it slowly, it can cause it to go the other way. Good thing hubby is in charge of my medications - he doesn't forget how or what the doc says like I do . The doctor also introduced Methadone. Initially, I was upset over this, scared and freaked out. I was also feeling ashamed of this because of the reputation that goes along with this medication. I am currently taking 5 MG twice a day (12 hours apart). Next week, I take it up to 5 MG three times a day (8 hours apart). I am surprised at the improvement!! I am dealing with the nausea and headaches right now, but it is helping!! I've gone from taking 5 to 6 Vicodin 7.5MGs to only 2 or 3!! I seem to have a bit more engery from being pain free, but I crash fast and crash hard (not extreme pain, but tired, dizziness, headaches and nausea). I am hoping that this will pass and that things will even out.

I believe our game plan is to see if we can't get everything else under control, then move onto the stim and the problems I have with it. We are not rushing into removing the device, as removing it might pose more serious problems. I guess we will see what the doctors in Cleveland say.

Please don't hate me if I bail on the SCS "group" and join the Methadone users.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (03-27-2011), Rrae (03-27-2011), stressedout (03-28-2011)