View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Vascular as opposed to Neuro

EMGs are test for the larger nerves that make your arm work. tell it to bend, jerk, lift. The nerves involved in compressions are smaller sensory nerves the first affected. EMG may show nerve compression in its later stages...

But your symptoms sound like they are vascular not nerves, that testing on the circulation should be done.

The making room in there to clean up for shearing the collar bone, is typically the opposite side of where TOS surgery is. From the picture you can see the collar bone and first rib. TOS surgery removes the first rib, the cutting back collar bone is opening it up too without removing the rib.

In the picture do you see the subclavian vein? In doing the procedure, I wonder if something happened that compressed this vein and that is why you have the swelling?

Sonograms, veinograms, Doppler other test that are used to test for blood flow sound like you need.
I never had them, also if there is high resolution MRI/MRA that may show what is going on.

Also if you have a repetitive job and this is from the over use, just as carpal tunnel is, you would be covered under workers compensation.
Just a couple thoughts I had, others will be in to share their situations and symptoms too..

Hope it is resolved for you soon,
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote