View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not quite sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
they got a 7mill bridge loan, the results have been out for 6 months, the trial started over a year ago, i'm sure they haven't been waiting for this paper to try to secure funding or a buyout offer.
from an SEC document
I'll admit to being ignorant when it comes to capital venture and raising the millions needed to jump through all the FDA hoops. I am merely summing up the financials for this start up last I read which was near the end of 2010. I do have documentation on that. Anyway, regarding a buyout, it looks like Medtronic was a contender which is interesting given their position on DBS.

Is Medtronic Acquisition of Neurologix in the cards?

and this on state of finance for Neurologix as of 12/10 from same website:

Nearly running out of cash for operations, the $7 million infusion announced will buy some additional time for the company to try to attract additional, and more significant financial resources to try to bring it's products forward. As I have previously noted, clinical trials, especially Phase III efforts, are very expensive to run. Where will the money come from for the reported Phase III effort in Parkinson's disease (PD) that NRGX is proposing? When will the scientific community be allowed peer-review of the Phase II study results announced this last October (data not yet published)? Where will funding come from to develop the temporal lobe epilepsy and depression treatments the company is trying to bring forward? This may be the time that the lead product, gene therapy for PD (AAV2-GAD to the subthalamic nucleus) takes the bulk of the financing in an attempt to move it into the marketplace.

Soccertese, I appreciate you correcting my post if I misinformed anyone, but I don't think I have based on what is still being reported as their financial status quo. Please explain how we are saying different things here; like I said, not so great with financials, so if I am being obtuse fill us all in but not with a quote from the SEC. I need it in plain English, please.

Thanks,

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
@chilles (03-27-2011)