View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I cant think how to help myself...please advise me

Hello everyone...I cant think and need help!

i hope you are feeling good today!
i would like your help please....

i go to a new pain clinic next week because my primary care says i am too sick for him to take good care of me.

so i am now wearing a 50mgr fentanyl patch
Methadone 20 mgrs twice a day
4mg Dilaudid 4 times a day.

i dont know how much he fentanyl is doing for me, but i know i get relief from the methadone and dilaudid.

i was taking neurotin for 4 months 1200 mgrs a day. it helped but made me sleepy and it put weight on me. so i went off of it about 3 months ago, but since then my pain is going up. i tried Lyrica but didnt get any relief from it.

2 weeks ago i wound up in the hospital for 4 days...my pain was out of control at home and i was having other health issues. they were giving me dilaudid in the hospital by IV ..when i was discharged is when they put me on the dilaudid for home use.

Im scared and feeling a bit helpless. my abdomen is swelled more it could be up to 90lbs now its horrible to deal with, and it is more painful than it had been.
i started taking an herb called Horse Chestnut extract, which is an anti-inflammatory, often used for lymphedema patients, but i havent noticed any change yet. I cant take Ketermine because i did years ago and and bad reactions to it.
Percocet doesnt work for me..I didnt like Oxycontin and how it made me feel. even though im wearing it, i dont think i am getting much help from the Fentanyl patch.

i think the methadone and dilaudid does ok but im never completely pain free...

Heres my question:
if you have bad swelling like me...what do you do for relief or to reduce it?

also what medications do you take that work to take away your pain?

does anyone live pain free?

I go to the new doctor April 12th and would like to have new ideas for different meds or treatments to help me.

sorry this was long....
Lori