Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

HI Marie, first and all, don't panic, you are very young and you won't be stuck with your pain forever. If you cannot afford a doctor or a chiropractor, get on a computer and order on amazon a book call : "treat your own neck" by robin MC kensie, and see if your mom or dad or a friend can supervize (at first) the recommanded exercises. ( so you are doing them the right way) it cost about 11 dollars, and also you can downloaded with kindle on amazon, and can have it on a desk top in two minute.
This should really be a big help, and you would have to do the exercises everyday. Usually pain is from lack of motion, and bad posture. we are stuck in a bad posture and our muscle get tight and we can't get out of it without stretching them back to the proper position
the best would be to see a physical therapist but if you can't afford it, then that book will do the trick.
hope this help. virginie

Quote:
Originally Posted by statiamarie View Post
i havnt be diagnosed with DDD, but am showing all the symptoms... im only 17, and dont know what to do. ive talked to my dad multiple times about seeing a doctor, but we have health insurance and money problems. im not asking for a diagnosis on here, just saying...

i tried things like stretching my neck which i read is suppose to help, but it only relieves the pain while im stretching it, and it gets worse afterwards. Tylenol or any other medications like that dont do anything, at all. ive had a messed up neck for about 5 or so years now, but the burning didnt start till last month, and ive only been having tingling for a few months... if its not DDD, then idk what it would be. this is all i could find about what i could have...
swimwithmanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote