View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Craig, we had researched on line what power and lift chairs were on different classifieds on line for. That gave us direction for what price to put on Mom's lift and power chairs. We got absolutely no offers, not even phone calls. Since then I have looked on Craigs list and talked to a place I found here that sold used medical furniture. Power chairs on Craigslist were up for sale for MUCH less than what we were asking for and the one place that aold a lift chair was just so low we would have felt better donating them. But my brother in law just happened to talk to someone who was wanting a lift chair and they even lived in the retirement home where my Mom lived! When he and his brother came to look at it they also saw the power chair. We told him what our initial price was then what our bottom line of a price was and he gave us something in the middle! We were just going to give a double bed and frame that was about 25 years old and he took those. So instead of about $500 for both, we got $1300 for both!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-27-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (03-27-2011), Twinkletoes (03-28-2011)