View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Neuro appointment

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your non insurance situation.

My first appointment with the neurologist was helpful. Basically over the months that I saw him I tried many different pain medications. Ultimately, I always ended up going back to Ibuprofen once i could handle being off Percocet.
Hopefully if you want to keep trying for a pain medication that works your doctor is supportive. It is easy to get discouraged with all the side effects and the look when they are like "You don't like that one either ?"

Besides meds, I had an EEG and a MRI. Both were negative. But, I did have a seizure around month 11. EEGs are not always correct, as in my case.

Honestly, The main things that helps to hear from the doctor are:
I'm sorry, PCS is so hard, Don't give up, take care of yourself, don't swim alone, you will get better. You will get better still never gets old for me.
I didn't find out about this site until after the initial months of visits so you're way ahead of the game!
I will say that most of my later appoints were useless except for the tests to reassure me that there was nothing acute going on. And the s/e of the meds were horrible- only start trying different ones if you are desperate.
I hope your appointment goes well.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Margarite (03-28-2011)