View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Lost my 28 year old daughter to PCS

On Oct 26, my daughter slipped and fell in a shower. 1st hospital said 6 staples, no concussion, take 2 days off work. She started getting worse. I took her to local hospital. They kept her for 3 days. She totally lost all memory of events. Short term memory gone.

They released her, said she had a mild concussion. Then she became worse. wobbly, then speech drunk, or drugged , it was awful. I really don't think her Neruologist took it serious. Then she had to go to get staples out, they sent her back to the ER, the dr that treated her was the head dr of the group.

He explained she had PCS. that helped me to understand. But she had to go back to original dr, all he'd say she's angry, etc. I told him with her elephant memory she was upset, she list 6 weeks if memory. He sent her to a cancer center for blood work. Which scared her. Then about 2 weeks before her death, she told me she was starting to lose short term memory and she was twitching, but she never said where. I told her to see dr ASAP, dint wait 6 months.
She flew up to see me on a Thursday, she was fine, went out with some old friends, came home early, I noticed she'd passed out on her bed, I took wet clothes, sweater shoes etc, they'd been walking in snow. In middle of the niggt, she kept in thinking she was back where she lived. She slept all the next day off and on, me not even thinking about what could of been going on.

To make a ling story short, I had to put her in the plane in a wheelchair. The next day, she was upset, was trying to sell her car, going right back or worse than she'd EVER been. That Tuesday night, she was fine, I explained to her not to upset about car, etc, see the dr. I love you. That was the last words anyone said to her.
Because thank Fid she was a good worker, they came to the house. From Wednesday morning Thursday I called texted, everyway I could think off, I couldn't get intouch with her. I KNEW something was wrong! Friday morning 6:00am, 1 hr of sleep in 60 hrs, her father came up stairs to wake me up to say tge police where here.... I knew. I really think some of the neurologist really dont take their patients serious. The last time her brain was scanned was nov 1?, she passed March 3rd.

Something in my opinion was starting, the plane flight finished whatever was going on......remember the infomercial guy? I won't know what really happened for another 2 months. I'm wish the dr someone would of sent her to physical therapy, anything to help her, maybe she would if had a chance. Only God knows. But I do believe flying and severe head injuries don't mix.
Fiddlers knot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rabbit pipefitter (10-10-2013), Theta Z (10-12-2012)