Thread: Not on meds
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm not on meds either

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNest68 View Post
I was diagnosed in 2003 at 35 yrs old and on meds most of that time; went off carbidopa levodopa in Dec 2009. Is there anyone else on here who has been trying or succeeding in making life as easy as possible with no meds on board? What are your symptoms? How severe are they? What bothers you the most? What HELPS the most? If you don't want to post a reply to this, please feel free to PM me. I really need some feedback. I haven't seen a doctor in about 3 years either, and my symptoms are worsening. Thanks very much.
Diagnosed in 2006 at 55 yrs old. Neurologist did not want to put me on anything till I couldn't function. That was the only time I saw a Neurologist. I've gotten worse but manage by letting others do the things I have trouble with.

I have tremor in one hand. Stiffness. Toe curl. Foot drag. Lately back pain if in bed for more then 6 hrs (this might be the mattress). Sometimes I can't get my hand to move (freezing?). Sometimes double vision (only for close up like reading). Loss of strength.

I'm really not doing anything to help. I should be exercising but I don't like I should. I do stretches thru out the day to help my arm and back. My shaky side is also the side I had breast cancer and removal of some lymph nodes. So lately my arm has been sore and it might be that. I rest it when I can and elevate it. I bought turmeric but haven't started adding it to dishes yet.

I don't work so when tired I take a nap. I do what I can at my own speed. I read a lot. I try not to stress over things.

I also am slow typing, Used to be 60wpm. I used to paint and draw and sew. I do other things now. I'm still me just a little different.

mj
marciaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EmptyNest68 (03-29-2011), imark3000 (04-02-2011), krugen68 (03-28-2011)